Analytics with the Chadwick tools, dimply, and plotting.
What you will learn:
- install Virtual Box and Vagrant run
- a virtual Linux machine
- install the Chadwick software tools
- extract game and play-by-play baseball data from Retro sheet files
- produce graphs with plotting
- Students will need to have R and RStudio installed on their own computers.
This course is for those interested in doing baseball analytics with the Retrosheet game-by-game and play-by-play data. The main tools for working with such data are in the Chadwick software. We install a virtual Linux machine, on which we will install the Chadwick software. We will then learn how to extract baseball data with the Chadwick software, how to further filter the data with dplyr in R, and how to plot our results with ggplot.
For the first part of the course, in which we install the virtual Linux machine and learn how to work with the Chadwick software, there are no prerequisites. To follow the second part of the course, knowledge of dplyr is necessary. This can be obtained through my course “Baseball Database Queries with SQL and dplyr”.
At a relaxed pace, the course should take two to three weeks to complete.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for those interested in doing baseball analytics with Retrosheet files.
- No background is needed for the first part of the course. A background in the R package dplyr is necessary to follow the second part of the course.
Now! you can download learn Become a WordPress Developer Unlocking Power With Code for free by clicking below, If you have a any question so! please comment now!
Wait 15 Second For Download This File For Free
if you find any wrong activities so kindly read our DMCA policy also contact us. Thank you for understand us.